Surgery Fees and Financing
Dr. Plant does not charge consultation fees for certain types of consultations at this time, however, a credit card number may required at the time of booking in order to reserve your appointment. There will be a fee of $200 for no-shows or cancellations with less than 2 business days notice. Consultations for the purpose of obtaining a second opinion on surgery performed elsewhere have a fee of $200 + HST.
Following your consultation with Dr. Plant, you will be given a quote for the procedure. Fees can vary based on the time needed to perform the procedure, the difficulty and extent of the work and any medical devices used (implants, garments, special instruments). Surgical fees include all surgical fees, facility fees, anaesthesia fees, pre-op and post-operative follow-ups. Surgical quotes are valid for 6 months from the date of consultation.
We accept cheque, certified cheque/bank draft, Visa, MasterCard and cash only. We do not accept debit cards at this time however we do accept interac e-transfers.
If you wish to finance your procedure we do offer financing through a third party and we work with Medicard, Crelogix and Credit Medical to allow you to price compare and get the best rate for yourself.
A $1000 deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your surgical date and time. The deposit is needed to secure the operating room, nursing staff, and anesthesia staff necessary for your procedure on the chosen date and to prevent other patients from booking into this time.
Because many people on our team have committed their time (and potentially declined work elsewhere) it is necessary for us to compensate them. As a result, we have developed the following cancellation policy to try and balance the interests of both staff and patients.
Our refund policies are as follows:
- Cancellation greater than 4 weeks before day of surgery: $250 administrative fee charged, remainder of deposit refunded
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks but less than 4 weeks before day of surgery: $1,000 deposit charged, remainder of payments refunded
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before day of surgery: 50% of surgical fee is refunded
- Cancellation less than 48 hours before day of surgery: No refund of fee
- Surgery may be rescheduled if notified at least 4 weeks in advance. If less than 4 weeks but greater than 2 weeks notice, a $500 rescheduling fee will be charged. If less than 2 weeks then $1000 will be charged to reschedule.
- In order to ensure a smooth and safe procedure, we require that all forms including consents, bloodwork (if required) and payments are due no later than two weeks before the surgery. If we are unable to obtain all the required information and payment by this time, we will be forced to reschedule you for a later date. A rescheduling fee will apply.
- Similarly, we require that all patients have a responsible adult to escort them home from surgery and that patients not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. Surgery that is rescheduled because of non-compliance with these pre-op instructions will also be subject to a rebooking fee.
- Any procedures rescheduled for legitimate medical reasons (a physicians letter may be required) will not be subject to the above rescheduling fee
Any questions or concerns, please contact our office at your earliest convenience.