Ear Surgery in Toronto, Markham, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Ontario
Am I the right candidate for ear surgery?
If you are unhappy with the size or shape of your ears because they protrude more than they should, your ears are not symmetrical, or if they are drooping; then otoplasty or ear surgery in Toronto may be right for you. Dr. Plant performs ear surgery to patients in Toronto and surrounding areas like Mississauga and Markham. Otoplasty patients choose Dr. Plant to perform their surgery because of his cutting edge surgical techniques and individualized patient approach. Dr. Plant has offices in both Toronto and Orillia to meet the needs of patients no matter where they are located in the Ontario area.
What is ear surgery in Toronto?
Otoplasty is often commonly known as ear pinning. This corrective surgery is extremely popular among adults and children as young as four years old throughout Toronto. It is known as ear pinning when large ears that protrude are pinned back towards the patient’s head. This creates a more common look that Toronto patients usually feel is more natural and beautiful.
Reconstructive ear surgery in Toronto also comes to the rescue in cases of ear defects that are birth related or due to trauma such as:
• Cagot ears – absence of ear lobes
• Cat’s ear – edges of the ears are folded towards the front like a cat
• Lop ear – ears curve inwards almost like a cup
• Scroll ear – the curl of the ears severally resemble a scroll
• Wildermuth’s ear – the ear curves towards the scalp due to it being reversed
• Stahl’s ear deformity – the ear is folded abnormally creating a pointy edge like an elf’s ear
• Cleft earlobe – an indented earlobe
• Cosman or Question mark ear – there is a separation in the skull of the ear between the outer curve and the lobe resembling a question mark
• Microtia – under developed, small ears
• Macrotia – ears that are abnormally large
• Constricted ear – the outer back part of the ear does not have cartilage or skin
• Cryptotia – the upper curve of the ear embeds in the scalp
• Cauliflower ear – in case of repeated injury, the cartilage is separated from the perichondrium, filling up with fluid and becoming permanently deformed and cartilaginous
• Malignant Melanoma and Skin Cancer – ear surgery can help with removal of skin cancer and reconstruction of the remaining tissue
Scheduling an ear surgery consultation in Orillia and Toronto
If you have protruding ears and are considering ear surgery, we advise you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Plant at our Toronto or Orillia office. Dr. Plant performs ear surgery for patients throughout Ontario including patients from the Clearview and Scarborough areas. His Toronto office is only 27 km South of Vaughan and 26 km South of Richmond Hill, Ontario. During the consultation, Dr. Plant will go over your reasons for wanting ear surgery, what expectations you can expect and answer any questions you may have regarding your Toronto ear surgery. Give us a call today to see if ear surgery is right for you.